Business Owners Policy

A Business Owners Policy (BOP) is a combination of the best business coverages all in one policy, giving you the best deal with the best coverages. The basic BOP offers business property for both building and contents and liability insurance protection for the operation of your business. Not all businesses are eligible, but our insurance specialists can provide other commercial packages to meet the needs of your business.

General Liability

General Liability policies are intended to guard operators and owners of companies from claims that may come from a broad spectrum of sources and can help cover legal hassles due to accident, injuries and claims of negligence. It can only take one claim to financially cripple your business; therefore it is important that you have adequate coverage. We can provide a policy that is designed to safeguard the best interests of your business allowing you to focus on serving your customers and increasing your profits.

Worker's Compensation

Worker’s Compensation is a state-mandated insurance program to protect both the business owner and employees from work-related injuries or illness. The essential component of operating your business is keeping your employees safe at work – when your employees are taken care of, so is your business. Worker’s Compensation protects your business from lawsuits and provides employees with compensation for on-the-job injuries or illness.

Business Auto

Vehicle accidents are never good news, but the consequences are more complicated when it’s one of your business vehicles. Business auto insurance takes all the elements of standard auto coverage and adds extra protection. Our insurance specialists are tasked with saving you time and money. We understand the value of your commercial vehicles and the employees who drive them. Our dedicated insurance specialists are knowledgeable in the trucking industry and can provide the best coverage for your specific needs.

Property Insurance

A standard commercial property policy may be all that is needed for your business, but it is important to speak with one of our licensed insurance specialists to ensure all avenues are explored. Property policies provide coverage for buildings, inventory, equipment, tools and more. An appropriate policy can also include lost income, business interruption, computers, money and valuable papers. It’s important to make sure your property is protected, as accidents do happen. The last thing a business owner wants to experience is being out of commission without the proper coverages in place.

Umbrella Insurance

If you don’t have a sufficient amount of coverage, your current policy may not have the extra layer of protection needed for situations that can jeopardize your finances or operations. Umbrella policies will provide your business with additional coverage should a lawsuit or accident exceed the limits of your existing or underlying general liability, auto liability, and/or other business liability policies that are currently in place.

Flood Insurance

Floods can happen anytime and anywhere—you don’t have to live by water to be at risk. It only takes an inch of water to cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage. Flood damage is not covered under your standard homeowner’s or property policies and is required to be purchased separately. Because there is a 30-day waiting period on most flood coverage policies, securing the right coverage should be a priority.

Builder’s Risk Insurance

When building a commercial building or a new home, Builder’s Risk policies are available to cover the unique loss exposure for buildings under construction. Until construction is complete, it is not a building or a house and is not eligible for coverage under a property policy or homeowner’s policy. Typical coverage increases automatically as the construction progresses and is terminated upon completion. A Southern Insurance Group specialist can transition your builder’s risk policy to a permanent property or homeowner’s policy.

Inland Marine Insurance

Inland Marine policies specifically cover moveable properties on land, such as equipment and property in transit, and can be customized to the unique needs of your business. These also cover specialized items that standard property insurance policies will not cover, like instrumentalities of transportation and communication.